Re: We should move en masse to Nota Bene

--- On Thu, 12/20/12, Jon P  wrote:

> Windows 8...who knows?

Windows 8 was designed primarily for use on tablets. It represents
a major paradigm shift for Windows, doing away with some basic
functionality everyone in the Win world has long been accustomed to.
From what I've read (a LOT of press, just about uniformly negative),
it has been causing regular *business* users with laptops or desktop
systems to tear their hair out in exasperation.

Win 7 is actually pretty decent -- except for its lack of support for
a number of legacy apps, which forces you to resort to some form of
emulation -- and is due to be with us for several more years.

 Jordan