Re: XyWrite setup under XP (user account)

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> That raises the whole vexed issue of user accounts.
> It's probably
> dangerous, but unless I'm working at a Wi-Fi hotspot
> (very rare),
> I always run as admin. I simply cannot _stand_ Big
> Brother Bill
> telling me I don't have permission to do this, that,
> and the
> other thing. (Even as admin, you sometimes have to
> fight tooth
> and nail. And Vista!) I seem to recall Robert saying
> he always
> runs as admin (but then he knows what he's doing
> always, which I
> cannot honestly say I do). What's the consensus?

Oh yeah -- it's the *only* way to go. Otherwise,
you'll be blocked from doing all sorts of things that
you need or want to be able to do. And, since most
Win users probably lack your understanding of these
things, they will have scant clue as to 'Why.'

 Jordan