BUGS - XyDOS

Nathan, thanks for keeping this list. I have no hope for the DOS version,
but we may as well record our problems.

1. On very long files, ci command seems to miss things.
2. XyWrite supposedly has no upper limit on file size, but it dies at about
4.1 to 4.2 meg (any combination of open files) with a bogus error message
that the disk is full writing to the overflow file. I'd like to see no upper
limit, or at least 32 meg.

Aside, not part of bug: I know that 4.2 meg is huge (about a 400-page book),
but I do work with files that big, and many times bigger. These are files I
use in my research (giant databases of words and sentences, parser outputs,
etc.), and the ability to read and manupulate them would be a significant
help. As it is, I've had to abandon XyWrite for the Sage Professional Editor
(if you thought XY3 was "unfriendly"...) and learning the perl scripting
language (maybe cleaner than XPL, but not nearly as ingrained and fun).

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx