Re: Mac and Xy

** Reply to message from Myron Gochnauer  on Sun, 9
Aug 2009 14:12:06 -0300

>> I installed Tiger ... as the base OS on a three year old
>> Thinkpad T60 (after wiping Windows). It runs fine.

> I know this is Off Topic, but could you explain how you did this?

Google "Hackintosh Thinkpad". Not for the faint-hearted!
Drivers for the non-Apple hardware are the main issue (much info
at insanelymac.com). But it is definitely do-able -- and the
result is, well, a Thinkapple. Or a Macpad. The price is about
right, too -- especially if you already own a license for OS X,
otherwise buy one at Amazon for (IIRC) US$110.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx