Re: XY 3+ freezes in Win 98

Pete,

In my case, it only happens when I'm also on-line. Otherwise it's very
similar.

I get the impression that the DOS window is competing for a location with a
Windows program.

Maybe you could change your settings to mine, and only lock up if you use
it on-line,

For starters, you could compare your Properties box settings to mine:

Conventional memory
Total: Auto
Initial environment: Auto

Expanded (EMS) memory

Total: Auto

Expanded (XMS) memory

Total: Auto
checked on Uses HMA

MS-DOS protected mode (DPMI) memory

Total: Auto

Is there anything else that could affect memory usage, or otherwise cause
this freezing?

Norman

At 08:06 PM 5/30/00 EDT, PLAlbrecht@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi, all.
>
>I've been using Xywrite for about 13 years now. My latest version is 3+,
>bought I don't know how many years ago but it works for me, so why change...
>
>However, it does have a problem running under Windows 98, and I'm hoping
>there's a fix or patch to address this -- without buying a newer version
>which I don't need anyway.
>
>Sometimes, for no reason that I'm certain of but which seems to be related
>typing quickly, perhaps hitting a certain combination of keys, it freezes
the
>screen. Mouse won't work, won't take commands, won't go to command line,
>cursor won't move. I can hit cntrl-alt-del to close Xywrite, but if I try to
>reload it it will still be frozen. Other applications will still work fine.
>The only way I've found to recover is to do a complete reboot.
>
>What's going on ? Is there a simple fix?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pete

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D