Re: speedos supplemental printer fonts

Linux distros include some Speedo fonts (you could be interested in Bitstream Charter) but I couldn't make them usable for XyWrite.
Manuel, as far as I know, the Bitstream free distribution of Charter is in
Postscript and TT format only. As it's a very nice font, perhaps we can
persuade them to make a Speedo distribution as well. It would all depend on
how hard it would be for them to generate a Speedo font from their mother
data, which is all in Ikarus format (the highest resolution of all font
formats). It may be as simple as pressing a button, or it may not. There is
also the problem that Speedo fonts are supposed to have large character
sets, and Bitstream may not have that data for everything that one might
request.