Re: speedos supplemental printer fonts

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:04:32
+0100

> With regard to the possibility of getting a Bookman or Century
> Schoolbook, Linux distros include some Speedo fonts (you could be
> interested in Bitstream Charter) but I couldn't make them usable for
> XyWrite.

I couldn't either. In fact, several years ago I tried all available Speedos
that I could find on the Net. Nothing worked except the fonts for old versions
of Word Perfect. These may well be WordPerfect fonts, I honestly don't
remember. But one thing they are certainly not, is "Robert's fonts"; and one
thing they probably are, is copyright Bitstream. So, umm, can we just drop it?

If Bill knows people at Bitstream, it might be worth asking whether they put
any Xy-compatible fonts into the public domain. They contributed Speedos to
numerous open source projects, such as (IIRC) Ghostscript.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx