Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

Patricia M. Godrey wrote:
>Recall that when I was doing some debugging of my own (now very rare or
>almost nonexistent) problems with Win98 and CLip (c. 1/21/06), it was
>3-byte chars, in combination with a fair amount of other text, that
>triggered the glitch (Clip didn't exactly crash; it--or, more
>accurately, Redmond Rubbish--generated an error message and halted
>midway through).

Hi Patricia,

Did you ever find out how the 3-byte chars were getting in the file? Or were they there anyway
because they were part of what you were doing?

In my case, I don't anything like that in the text, and see NOTHING to indicate something like that
is there. However, I suspect my error is the same as yours: Win98 generates an error message and
halts the process midway through. If you figured a way to solve your problem, maybe I can use your
solution to fix mine.

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705