Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

Harry Binswanger wrote:
>Are you sure it's the word and not the number of bytes? Try inserting text
>before the "helping"--text from earlier in the same file, so you know its
>content is okay--to move the "helping" further along in the file and see
>what happens.

Bingo again, Harry! I just did as you suggested, and discovered it IS the number of bytes. In fact,
I have tried it with nine emails that crashed, and found that they all crashed if I tried to CLIP
more than 381 bytes. It didn't matter what 382 bytes I selected, the email crashed. 381 bytes,
however, worked every time.

This is still puzzling. The total length of each of these crashing emails was respectively 420, 424,
441, 473, 488, 511, 528, 529, and 535 bytes. Of the many emails I have sent that did not crash, a
number have been far larger, 1337, 1661, and 3823 bytes, to cite some examples. Why should these
work and the other smaller emails choke at 382 bytes?

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
301-937-0394