Re: NBWIN

At 1/18/2004 07:11 PM -0500, Carl Distefano wrote:

Unfortunately SAVESESS, I'm told, doesn't work in NBWin. It may
just be too big; at 6K it's one of the longer routines in U2. Or
there may be a discrete problem that can be addressed; I haven't
looked into it.
One feature of SAVESESS that I haven't seen anywhere else is that it
doesn't force you to close all of your open files before restoring a
saved session; the code to do that is built into the session-
information file that SAVESESS creates when you save the session.

Too bad, Carl, because it's as good as leaving everything open on your desk
so, the next morning, you can pick up exactly where you left off -- all notes and books and documents right there, waiting. I'll give it a run with NB7 anyway and report.

Michael Norman