Re: FOOTNOTE FORMATTING

You invent a mode called FN in the printer file, in the relevant PT table: MD
FN+PICA+ENDNOTE  for instance. Then the attribute ENDNOTE is defined by: AT<
AT>.  for instance. (That's a "period, space, space" which is what I use; you can use just a space.) The toggle SC (=0,1) will determine if Xy uses the
printer FN mode or the subscript mode for outputting the footnote number. This is a great
convenience in switching between foot- and end-
notes. Let me know if that all wasn't clear.