Re: footnote ignorance

Morris Krok wrote:

>   As I have never used footnotes before (superscript and subscript), I am
> confused how to use them. The Xywrite manual mentions three commands in
> connection with superscript SC, SU and MD M7. How do I go about using them
> and what codes will they produce in the text.
>   Forgive ignorance, but this is new territory for me as I have always
> used quotations directly in the text on not as a footnote.

I have very seldom used them either. My keyboard file has evolved over many
years up from the original XY-3 stock keyboard file, so, depending on which
modifications you may have made to certain sections of yours, what I'm about to
say may not apply. But the stock assignment for Superscript is CTRL-7, and for
Subscript CTRL-8. I see that there is no _separate_ table showing these Modes
in .U2, but they are all covered there in FUNCS. According to that, M7 is
supposed to be another designation for Superscript. However, if I place a
≪MDm7≫ into text, nothing shows up on screen, except in Expanded View.

If you are using XY-4, these Modes can also be chosen from the menus. This is
covered in the base Help system. (Can I say here yet again that in my opinion,
the organization and presentation of the stock XY-4 HELP really *stinks*, in
comparison to that of the one in XY-3.)

Jordan