Re: Startup.ints

** Reply to message from Steve Webber  on Tue, 29 Oct
2002 21:26:16 -0800 (PST)

> On commanding VA/NV $SG I get "C:\XY4\XY4.DLG

Wah! These are the correct commands:
LDSGT C:\XY4\FIC.SGT
LOAD C:\XY4\XY4.DLG

Of those two files, only the second has a file identifier, on its first line,
namely ";DG;" (or some variant thereof). The first file (FIC.SGT) is a binary
file, and you may NOT edit it directly. The response you got above means,
either, you erroneously commanded
LDSGT C:\XY4\XY4.DLG
or else there is a ";SG;" on the first line of XY4.DLG -- both are serious
errors.

> By "both ways" I meant "LDSGT FIC.SGT", and a 2nd one Carl postulated
> as a theoretical possibility: "LDSGT C:\XY4\FIC.SGT"

> Both ways yield "Error loading macros."

I suspect that what the error message is telling you is that you've got a
screwed-up SGT file. Attach it to a msg and send it to me privately.

Is the speller loading correctly now that I gave you a good copy?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx