Re: fonts and kbds

Jonathan Beard wrote:
>   Over the years, I modified my kbd to do a few things. I could
>   substitute it for the one loaded by XyWrite 4.017. Would I
>   lose a lot that way? I already told the installation to make
>   it look like XyWrite 3.54--which invalidates some of the stuff
>   in the manuals.

XY4DOS is XY3-friendly. Don't hesitate to just use your old .kbd file.
Then, at your leisure, look through what xy4.kbd has, particularly in
the ctrl-alt-shift table, and you may want to move some or all of that
stuff to your .kbd file. You can just drop in anything from xy4.kbd
into your old .kbd file.

The only downside is intellectual: the manuals for XY4 don't tell you
what the actual functions are, only *their* keystrokes, so to find out
how to use some new function, you have to search through the xy4.kbd
for it. E.g., to go to "graphic" view (wysiwyg), the function is WZ
(which you can either assign to a key on your old .kbd or do by going
to the command line and typing: func wz .

Regards

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx