RE: Memory problem under XP

Dear Robin: With respect to the key repeat rate, I continue to be convinced
that the only way to speed the rate is to play with the Number Lock key.
Even setting KS=0,0 and the mode con to the max of 31,0 doesn't seem to
help. Here is what I do when I find the key rate sluggish. With no document
on the screen, I invoke func CN from the command line. That turns off the
number lock and mine will not come back on even hitting the number lock key.
Then I open a document and check the key speed. If it's still sluggish I hit
the number lock key and try the arrow keys. If it's still sluggish, I hit
the number lock key again and check the speed. Sometimes, I have to hit the
number lock key twice in quick succession. I keep trying these combinations
until the key rate speeds up. The arrow keys I use are those numbered
100-103. The arrow keys on my numeric keypad don't work.

I know this method sounds crazy, but it works for me.

Jim Eberle