WordPerfect for Windows

   I attended a meeting at the Chicago Bar Association today
sponsored by a group of legal consultants, at which John Ashton,
President of WPC, demonstrated WordPerfect for Windows.
   WordPerfect for Windows itself is simply breathtaking. If
you think that a long-time WS-user such as myself, would consider
WP5.1 just as breathtaking, the legal consultants were also very
impressed, and repeatedly expressed their excitement vocally.
   I introduced myself to Ashton before the meeting and asked
him whether WordPerfect for Windows has the same features as
WP5.1 and he answered, "yes." I asked him about the keyboard
reassignment. He said you'll be able use either WP5.1's keyboard
assignments or Windows'. I.e., WPWin will have an option to
enable the user to select either the WP5.1 interface or the
native Windows interface. Thus, if the user so chooses, commands
that one would presently issue by pressing the various function
key combinations in WP5.1, will work exactly the same in WPWin.
The significance of this is that anyone with WP5.1 experience can
sit down and use WPWin little or no additional training.
   I then asked him whether the user can assign for example,
WordStar's key assignments (of concern to me). He thought about
it and then said, "I'm not really sure, so I'll have to check."
   I asked him about the solidity of the latest shipping date.
He said that he is hoping for early September, but thinks that
that's a conservative estimate. I also walked away from the
meeting very impressed with him as well.
   Getting back to the product, files created by WP5.1 and
those created by WPWin are exactly the same, and can therefore be
freely interchanged between the two "platforms" without any
conversion process.