Re: Xy4 & Network printer

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 04:33:31PM +0000, cldistefano@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyone know if a Xy4 (DOS) print job can be sent to a
> network printer? It's a Novell network, with Win NT
> running locally. My Windows apps are "aware" of the
> network printer, and give me the choice of using either
> it or my local (LPT1) printer. Can a DOS program be made
> to do likewise?

I would think that a DOS program would work. Once the Novell Network drivers
are loaded, and if you can still run Xy4 in the real memory left, if you say
print to LPT1, Novel SHOULD reroute the print job to the specified printer.

It's been a few years since i worked with a Novel Net, but i Know that it
worked then!

fwiw,

Russ