RE: Xy4 & Network printer

	Carl Distephano writes: Anyone know if a Xy4 (DOS) print job can be
sent to a
> network printer? It's a Novell network, with Win NT
> running locally. My Windows apps are "aware" of the
> network printer, and give me the choice of using either
> it or my local (LPT1) printer. Can a DOS program be made
> to do likewise?

	Carl, don't know if this will work, but it might. I run Xy 3.55,
Win 95 locally on a Novell network. I set my local printer to LPT1; on the
network (settings>printers>properties) we set LPT2 to the network name of
the network printer we want. I then assign this to the keyboard file, in
fact, to ctrl+shift P (ctrl-P is my usual type command to the LPT1 printer:

	BC lp c:\xy\3hpcolor.new
	BC tyf,,lpt2

	where 3hpcolor.new is my name for the xy printer driver I use for
the network printer.

	When you want to go back to LPT1, you issue the lp command you need
for your local printer (I just run startup.int again from another hotkey
mapped in my keyboard file. This works fine on our network; I don't see why
it wouldn't work with NT, but again, this is the Xy 3 world, not Xy 4.

	Good Luck!
	Peter Brown
	pbrown@xxxxxxxx