Wordstar & Xy

I have a primitive fear that if I load something into Xywrite,
something terrible will happen to it. But I'll be willing to try.
The truth is, when I learned WordStar, it was like learning a
foreign language. Everyuthing had multiple commands. You had to
hit the K, the B, highlight what you wanted to move around, then
hit the K, the K again, that actually lighted the screen so you
saw what was being moved, then hit the K and the V to drop the
material to the spot where you wanted.
   It was slow, but magical. And it was fun to keep all the codes
straight. That was on the old CPM machine I still have tucked away
in my closet. I'd love to find a use for the old machine. I still have
all the programs that came with it, all themanuals.
   The WordStar program I have with this Kaypro is quick, for me
almost as quick as Xywrite.
   I still like keeping the knowledge of the differences, forcing
my brain to remember more than it really has to about the programs.
I have here a WordPerfect program that came with the Kfaypro when I
bought it about three years ago. I've never used it. I'd have to
find it. When I bought the modem that allowed me to sign onto
Henry's BBS, the modem came with a program that allows you to FAX
material somwhow. I stuck the disk into my closet and will probably
play with it sometime. Computers still frighten me a little bit.