Re: memory and pers.spl

On 03/13/98 at 10:49 PM,
  "'A. Joseph Ross'"  said (in so many words): <-
haven't had those problems. First thing I'd suggest is check the <-
default DOS memory settings in the OS/2 settings notebook for your Xy4 <-
object and make sure it gives the program enough of the right kind of <-
memory. I don't know whether Xy4 wants expanded or extended memory <-
and how much of each it uses, but I'd check that out in the XyWrite

expanded. It defaults to 4; you can add this to the command line: /e4000
(the default) or /e2000 or whatever. But of course you do have to have
os/2's dos memory settings set to allocate that much or more. Works like
a charm.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Bad cooks...have delayed human development longest and impaired it most.
	--Nietzsche
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              David Auerbach
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103
Raleigh, 27695-8103