A question

Hey power-XYers, I have a question.
I am in the process of turning old XYwrite files into AskSam data base
files for easy
retrieval. It's working fine, but AskSam doesn't retain the file name.

Hence my question: is there an XPL routine I can do to take each XyWrite
file
and enter the filename at the beginning of the file itself, so it will show
up when
I move it over into AskSam?

I could do this manually, of course, but there are over 6000 files, and I
already have
a fulltime job.

Many thanks.-
                        James D. Besser, Washington