Styles by Example

inserting current formatting commands at any point in text,
here's what one XyWriter says:

I use an XPL routine called EG, which inserts a pair of
SaveStyle|UseStyle commands in text at the cursor position. The
style thus created records and preserves all useful defaults &
formatting values in effect at that point in the text -- making
documents easily portable from system to system, among other
advantages. To illustrate, here's a style called
"TEST" -- created with EG -- which shows formatting values in
effect in my Draft View right here and now:

EG is part of my SmartSet package, which is available here via
FTP (I think -- Nathan, am I right?). If I'm not mistaken, buried deep in the
Xy4|XyWin menu scheme there's an option to create a "style by
example" similar to the above, but I don't know how well it
works. Perhaps N.B. 4 also offers such an option.

P.S. What's the address for the N.B. list?

Carl Distefano
70154.3452@xxxxxxxx