Big letter

I am formatting a book in Xy4 and have a problem. I wonder if anyone
out there can help me. The output will be in PostScript.

I am supposed to print the first character of each chapter in a huge
point size: 57 Pt as against 10.5 Pt for the rest of the text. This
will look good (it already does), but it gives a problem. Xy, reasonably
enough, thinks that when I want a 57Pt character I must want at least
57Pt leading between the lines, and it gives me that . (Note that this
is NOT a dropped capital, but a raised one...) The result is that I
have my lovely big capital letter, but a large space between that line
and the rest of the page.

I can think of a kludge, but wonder if there is a kosher way of doing
this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help, as always.

Phil Smith
Columbia Music Company