Re: U2 glitches (Xy4 in Win98)

In addition to Jeff's very clear instructions, there is a less
dialogue-box-oriented way to make a shortcut.

In Explorer or whatever you use to see contents of directories (I
use the aptly named PowerDesk), set so it does not fill the
screen, go to your XyWrite directory and click on EDITOR.EXE, or
any other file for which you want a shortcut. Holding down the
*control and shift keys,* drag the filename and drop it on the
desktop. If your copy of Windows is too dumb to know whether you
really want it to do what you tell it to do, it may ask you if
you want to make a shortcut. Once it is on the desktop, you can
double-click very slowly on the title (I think it has to be at
least 2 seconds apart), which lets you change it to anything you
want. I always keep a shortcut to the text file I am currently
working on on the desktop, so I don't have to do any exploring to
start it up.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin