Re: Printing problem

At 8/6/2004 03:06 PM -0400, James Woolley wrote:
Michael--
In your printer properties, under "Port Settings," uncheck "Spool MS-DOS Print Jobs" if that is checked.

James
Well, this one's a real mystery. The W98SE is my wife's machine; I rarely
use it. So I don't know what happened and when things started to go south.
Tried all the settings in the driver program -- spool, not spool. It's got
the right port LPT1. Settings dfl line looks okay. Printer works fine with
all WIN programs. But in XY once you issue the print command, it just keeps
printing a single page over and over, sending the same print signal over
and over. Only way to stop it is to turn off the printer. It's not the
driver; as I said, printer is fine in all WIN programs. Tried different
printer files; got a clean one off the XyWWWeb. Same thing.

Michael Norman