Acronis

** Reply to message from "Phil White"  on Tue, 29 Aug
2006 14:05:33 -0500

I purchased the Acronis standalone product (9.0 "Home") earlier this year
to be able to work with some client files that arrived on a USB portable
hard drive as Acronis images. I have to say that I have come to like the
product and find it simple and reliable to use. I don't have any
experience with Ghost, having taken an oath never to buy another Symantec
product years ago, and I have not done anything like a full evaluation of
Acronis. But I don't find it difficult to use.

One nice feature is the ability to mount images on other systems, and then
access the files within the image. In my case, I can plug in the USB
drive to my workstation, load Acronis and mount the image residing on the
USB drive, which then looks like a drive on my workstation. I can't (of
course) write to it, but I can browse and copy files out of the image onto
the workstation's drive.

I didn't buy any support, although it is available.

Tom Hawley
New York
tjh@xxxxxxxx