RE: Windows registry cleanup tools - PowerQuest Drive Image

Norman wrote:

RE Ghost and its various iterations and how to depoly them http://ghost.radified.com/. A good site.
Thanks. I went there and was led to a discussion of hot imaging vs. other methods and saw this puzzling bit: "I'm sure Symantec has their reasons, but many (including myself) feel that imaging a live operating system (*from* a live operating system) introduces risks that are better avoided by using the original Ghost product (v2003), which works from DOS, when Windows is shut down, when it's unable to modify any of its files (such as the registry hive)." Since XP is not built on DOS, does this mean that Ghost 2003 has a built in, bootable form of DOS? And I wonder if it can access a USB port to which my laptop's external drive is attached? Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx