RE: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

	Hi all

	Frank H here with his tuppence. XyWrite is, for me, the best word
processor ever made. It's more than a text editor, but less than Word. It
can't do so much of what Word does, but it's so fast, with stunning
navigation facilities and so limitlessly programmable, that after 13 years I
remain as hooked as I was from Day One. Some background: I worked on Atex
from 1980 to 1991. I've carried the same version of XyWrite on a single
stiffy across 12 generations of computer.

	All XyWriters learn to live with it in various ways. This is mine:

	* Originate everything in XyWrite (except for quick e-mails, like
this)
	* Import into Word for proofing by my clients (I'm in PR today)
	* Once approved, save from Word as text and then import into e-mails
when I disseminate

	XyWrite is a professional writer's word processor/text editor and
the best ever made. It encapsulates decades of best practice in writing, and
is still ahead of the game. My 13-year-old version still has functionality
ahead of anything on the market (long directories, for instance).

	But you absolutely have to be more comfortable with the keyboard
than the mouse. I'm a 100wpm jockey, so I hate my mouse!

	Good luck with your choice. I've yet to convince another living
person they should go the XyWrite route, because they're all so
Windoze-dependent!

	Frank

≪application/ms-tnef≫