Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

Hi Michael:
 I have had experiences with a number of "word processors" and/or "text
editors"
during my career and I can tell you that XYWRITE is emphatically the most
comprehensive word processor I have found. I've been a fan and user for about
twenty years!
 It not only includes all of the features of a Text Editor, but also has two
additional importants capabilities. As it is/was an offshoot of a process designed
for publication (e.g. Newspaper) preparation, it has capabilities for extensive
formatting such as snaking columns, counter numbering and spell checkling - some of
which (but not necessarily all) are available in other processors.
 The other major feature includes a COMPLETE programming capability much more
advance than the "normal" macro capability associated with other word processors.
 Obviously I like it. There has been an entry into the market that attempts to
become an up-to-date replacement (Nota Bene). I've tried it and, after they correct
a significant number of shortcomings, their windows version COULD surpass the older
XWRITE processor.
 I wholeheartely recommend it and suggest you try it; as Mikey seyz: "try it,
you'll like it".
Dick Giering