Did everybody know this but me?

In places where you want an XPL program to reference the value of a S/G, which is variable, you can get it by using the @ sign.
Recently, I wanted to convert Arabic numerals to Roman. I thought the
simplest way would be to make a comma delimited string, which I did.

Then the idea was I'd use the nifty list-extraction function to do the conversion. That's fine if you know when writing the program what the number you want to convert is. E.g.,

stores "IV" in s/g 02.
But I wanted to do it for any number, 1 - 20. After much trial and error, I found this does the trick, assuming that s/g 09 contains the number you want to convert:

Am I the only one who didn't know this? I SEarched the whole U2 for the string @[N][N]>> and didn't fine any.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx