Re: off topic: voicerecognition & grammar, too

Kari Eveli wrote:

Being a professional lexicographer, I see the difference of lexicography and grammar as a difference
in perspective. A lexicographer sees language from a vocabulary point of view, a grammarian from a
syntactical perspective. Both try to cover vocabulary and grammar, but differently.
A valid point. The terminology of the subdisciplines of grammar
is rather debated, at least in English. Probably because English
almost completely lacks inflections, and hence some of the
traditional categories are invisible, and some say nonexistent.
Not my view, but widely held; e.g., case in nouns.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx