Re: Give us XyWrite/2 for OS/2

John Gordon said:
 <
 < On Wed, 26 Oct 1994 13:19:04 -0400 (EDT),
 < auerbach@xxxxxxxx  wrote:
 <
 < >As a xyuser since about 1981 and long time betatester (though now
 < >mysteriously out of the loop) I keep postponing my switch to Describe because
 < >a) Xy does fine in a VDM under os/2 , b) I hate to waste time relearning
 < >stuff. If I can add to that c) TTG is smart enough to release a *good*
 < >version of xy for os/2 then I'm happy. AND I am a) willing to wait a few
 < >extra months for a non-buggy, full-featured version (with REXX as the
 < >macro language of choice) and b) willing to be a full-fledged beta-tester
 < >again. At the moment I have betas of os/2 ver. 3.0, ZOC (V1.98 beta) and
 < >the webexplorer--but it is xy that I spend most of my time in. So give
 < >me XyWros/2!
 < >
 < Likewise, I don't look forward to learning another word processor. And, I'd
 < hate to give up XyWrite's command line. But how I would love to have a
 < proper 32-bit, multi-threaded XyWrite/2 to run in OS/2. I've just bought
 < Lotus Smartsuite for OS/2 at a knock-down price (AUS$229 with a free copy
 < of the superseded version of OS/2 for Windows thrown in). When I have a
 < spare moment I'll install AmiPro/2 and have a play with it. I don't expect
 < it to have the speed of XyWrite, but I am keeping an open mind about its
 < other capabilities. This will be the first time since the late 80s that I
 < have actually bothered to compare another word processor to XyWrite. I'm
 < hoping that XyW still wins. An OS/2 version would ensure it.
 <
 < Cheers,
 < John Gordon
 <
 < I *think* that Describe is better than Ami, at for my purposes. But, you
should know that you might (not sure if it is a US only thing) that having a
recently bought copy of OS/2 Windows (even it was part of that package) gives
you US$50 off the new Warp OS/2: hence the net cost of OS/2 ver 3. will be
about $30! I bought a copy of OS/2 for Windows just for the coupon: the box is
still unopened. (cost me about $24). I can give it away or install on a
machine at school; I can use the technical support it "contains"....
In any case, can someone give us more reason (or more rumor) to hope vis a` vis Xy4OS/2?

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103