Re: XyWrites 4 and 5 (was: RE: Dataviz and xyW)

Thanks again
 I use lots and lots of white space when I'm
editing my "normal" material for, as you say it
makes for much easier editing
 BUT IT CAN'T HELP WHEN WORKING WITHIN "
"
" MATERIAL! Thats what I referred to. Dick Dorothy Day wrote: > > On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Richard Giering wrote: > STRIPED... > > Dick, > Best suggestion is to use *lots* of whitespace--carriage > returns, indenting, etc. in your markup. It won't have any effect on the > rendering by the browser, but it makes editing much easier (I might even > say possible--who can make sense of stuff that's run together and full > of tags?) And if you have lots of tags in a PRE section, set your Xy > textwidth to very wide so it won't wrap. > > The other suggestion is to get an editor that has tons of clip > libraries for inserting different types of tags. NoteTab Pro is the best > I've seen, and registering the shareware is now a whopping $19.95 I > think (used to be $10). Its website hosts uploaded clibbook libraries > from users who share their creations, and while this means a fair amount > of redundancy, it's easy to select those you like and modify them to add > your own tagging favorites. Nothing like XPL--anyone can do it. And the > display of your file as you edit allows you to set color preferences to > set off different type of markup--tags, URLs, comments, etc. can each > have a different color of your choice. For more (and a one-month trial > version), see > > http://www.notetab.com/ntp.htm > > Any of the shareware repositories will have other html text editors > listed, but this one really stands out, in my view. > > Dorothy > > ***** > Dorothy Day > School of Library and Information Science > Indiana University > day@xxxxxxxx > ***** > "He also surfs who only sits and waits."