Re: Off topic question...Tame related.

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Thu, 13 Jul 2006
21:47:24 -0400

> >Did you put Editor.exe.tam in Editor's dir?
>
> Actually, it goes in the Tame directory. Mine is in Program Files/Settings

Actually, here's what the Tame FAQ says:

---------------------

How to specify Tame settings for one application

Tame settings may be customized for a specific application by creating a
settings file and either place it is the same folder as the application, or
place it in the Tame folder with a file named based on the application.

For an application C:\MYFOLDER\MYAPP.EXE, Tame searches for settings in the
following order:

C:\MYFOLDER\MYAPP.EXE.TAM
C:\MYFOLDER\MYAPP.TAM
C:\Program Files\Tame\Settings\MYAPP.EXE.TAM

As I read that, "in the following order", it looks *first* in the application's
own directory.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx