wordpad (text and text ms-dos format)

Is there a difference in save-as from Wordpad between save as text and save-as text - ms-dos format.   I do not see any difference.

By way of background I download a lot of long documents from both Lexis and Westlaw, (two legal databases)  To strip out all the unnecessary codes I paste the document into Wordpad. then save it as text in the directory with all my xywrite documents, and then edit it in Xywrite.  I noticed that in Wordpad there is an option to save as "text" or "text-ms-dos format".  So far I have not seen any difference in the two formats.  Is there a difference and if there is what is it.  Thanks.

Avrom Fischer

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx