Xy IV's advantages

    I know we all treasure the distinction between real writing and
desktop publishing (i.e., fussing and finagling over format). But I must say
that the ability to change font size once and a while, on the fly, is great.
It is a quantum leap forward, over the PT tables, to be able to simply drop
in a SZ command where one wants a headline or subhead. I even confess to
having checked out the look of what I've done by momentarily switching into
WYSWYG mode. Mea maxima culpa.
    And take pride: I just tried to do an elementary wildcard search and
replace in Word for Windows 6.0--and nothin' doin'! It won't accept a
wildcard in the replace field.
    And Robert, I already posted a plug for BIGDEFIN.PM in response to
that exchange about the 64k limit. BIGDEFIN never failed me in 3.5x--very
solid.
    Regards,

     Harry Binswanger
      hb@xxxxxxxx