Re: XY4 freezing in Win98

McAfee will hold up Xy loading even if you only have one copy of
editor.exe on the disk.

I had this problem, too, when I tried to install Xy4DOS on a new
computer that came with McAfee stuff pre-installed. I got so desperate,
I actually called TTG tech support. (think I'd know better...) The very
nice but not very interested fellow on the other end told me the problem
was probably something the system was loading, but -- and here's the rub
-- told me it was almost certainly NOT McAfee, since he had it on his
computer and had no problems with it.

That caused me to spend many fruitless hours trying to figure out just
what other stuff the *(*^%*& Compaq was loading on start-up and trying
to unload it. (God forbid they should actually tell you up front...)

I finally figured out it was McAfee when I subscribed to the Web-based
McAfee clinic and uninstalled the McAfee that was on my system. Voila!

Jane Stein