OFF TOPIC

As a lurker (lacking the expertise to do anything else), I greatly
appreciate the information supplied by the frequent posters to this
list, especially when I am able to comprehend it. I don't even
surface anymore in occasional non-technical pique, to have my head
snapped off by Mr. Sivin or the (regrettably absent) Mr. Binswanger.
And if the price I must pay for continued access is the right-wing
spew certain of the more-or-less mavens feel compelled to append to
their Xy-comments, I will continue to be spewed upon.

In fairness, though, shouldn't the overtly political comments be
rare? Rarer, at least?

Jeffrey G. Purvis