Re: Off Topic, Part 2 (Avant Stellar keyboards)

Robert Holmgren wrote:

>I just did a walk-around, & all five of my current keyboards are 102s. We really
>pound our keyboards to pieces, they fall apart, I've probably bought forty
>keyboards since I started computing on my own machines, in the 70s.

BTW those who can stand the function keys on the top, you can get one
of those ultra solid IBM keyboards at J&R in Manhattan -- not exactly
cheap (80 bucks) but by comparison I suppose they're great. As a
former word processing temp with experience at several hundreds of
keyboards: tactile-feedback keys (ie, "clicky") are a must if you're a
touch typist and wish to avoid RSI.

>beautiful flat-screen B&W monitors and all that junk. Just pitch it.

If anyone out there has a good-sized mono/pagewhite VGA monitor out
there and wants to dump it, don't -- let me make you an offer. I first
got VGA to save a few hundred bucks on my first 386 purchase and now
I'm stuck on it. The only problem is that this 13" monitor is now too
small, and as far as I can tell it's very difficult to get anything
much bigger these days. Any pointers to suppliers would be
appreciated.

Rafe T.
http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn
raphaelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx