auto-correct in 3.58

I recently installed the latest version of 3+ (3.58, I think), and now
the auto-correct function doesn't work. I've grown totally dependent on
it both for corrections to my lousy typing and for shortcuts. (Long
before upgrading, I had reassigned the ctrl-A key, and put "func ac"
into my startup.int, which I have retained under the new version.) The
little "c" still shows on the command line, and the shortcut definitions
come up as suggested corrections, but it doesn't correct on the fly like
it used to.

Any theories?