RE: Off topic question...

 Thank you for the suggestion below. It appears to be the
 sort of programme that I am looking for in DOS, but it
 seems also that it is no longer available either for
 money or for free. At least, I have not been able to
 find it on the net, but I think that I did come across
 two references to it. In any case, thanks. M.W. Poirier

----