Re: Query on mirroring for Paul Breeze et al.

Dear Harry

They raid systems I have tried have used PCI raid controller cards which are installed into one of
the PC PCI slots.  You can connect up to four IDE drives of any type to the card and you can
arrange the drives in a variety of configurations, of which drive mirroring is one.  If you want to
mirror, most manufacturers advise using identical drives for best performance.  I do not believe my
Adaptec card allows hot swapping of the drives but I am not certain.  This may be possible in other
systems.  I have never come across a drive that came with disk mirroring software.

Best wishes

Paul