From: E J Inggs
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: not enough memory for spellcheck in XY4

> Paul
>
> Are you using the UK version of the MICROLYTICS dictionary? The one that
is 141K vs the US one of 110K.

> If so, you need to put the following settings into your STARTUP.INT:
>
> Immediately after the DEFAULT DR=... line (ie right at the top of the
file) enter:
> BX DEFAULT ZX=1Q2 ;*;
>
> Right at the end of the file enter:
> BX DEFAULT ZX=0Q2 ;*;
>
> Then start EDITOR.EXE with the expanded memory parameter:
> e.g. C:\xy4\editor.exe /e4000
>
> The above is not from my profound knowledge of undocumented Xy default
settings. Surprisingly, it comes from an e-Mail I got from TTG in 1994
explaining the solution (the last time I ever got a response from them by
the way):

> -----------------
> 2.) With the UK dictionary, I would suggest using the same information for
the Medical Dictionary.

> 3.) You will need to follow the following steps to load your medical
dictionary

> i) While in XyWrite call up your STARTUP.INT file. After the DR= setting,
add
> a line (the easiest way to copy an existing line and modify it) with this
> setting 'default zx=1'. At the end of the startup file, put a 'default
zx=0'.
> The dictionary uses expanded memory, this default controls where the menus
load
> so they will not load into expanded memory.
>
> ii) Quit XyWrite and re-enter with the /eXXX switch where XXX is the
amount of
> memory allotted to editor storage. This must be set to something other
than 0.
> (example editor/e100 or editor/e4000 for megs... details are in the
Command
> Reference Guide under EDITOR) You may want to place this in batch file.
>
> iii) Your dictionary should now work.
>
> 4.) The hyphenation problem that you hove pointed out is a known bug and
is
> being worked on by development. I have attached your name to that bug so
they
> will notify you when it has been fixed.
>
> Brian D. Coll
> Technical Support
> --------
>
> Incidentally, the work around for the hyphenation bug, referred to above,
is to use Robert Holmgrem's TOGGLE DICTIONARY (TD) in their XWWWEB.U2. The
SIGNATURE lexicon files have hyphenation built into them. Therefore I run
the UK.DIC as my default dictionary for hyphenation purposes and then toggle
TD to the UK MICROLYTICS dicionary for spelling which I
normally do in the super-fast batch mode once my document is finalised.