Re: SmartWords

At 05:44 PM 10/22/99 -0400, you wrote:
>OK, here goes. Because of the long absence of any word from us I'm sure
>there will be quite a bit of activity in response to this post, but I
>can take it.

Welcome back! Good for you.

>The engine produces applications that can be run on a desktop Windows
>environment, or over the Web.

Could you explain, with a concrete example, what it means to run it over the
web?

>Nota Bene has done more with the interface as it relates to certain
>functions. From the commmand line, however, they are more or less the
>same.

Does the NB version have function calls that SmartWords doesn't?

>We also would hope to enable downloading of the install from our Web
>site later in the month, and that will be free for the $15 CD product.
>The full filter version will still be $49.

That's very generous. Thanks.

>This is not a money-maker for us, so you won't hurt our feelings if you
>don't want to try it. But we are happy to make this available to you if
>you are interested.

But should we assume it will always be the beta version with no bug-fixes?

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx