Re: SmartWords

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:44:10 -0400

Kenneth, can you be specific about the keyboard: How many, or rather _which_, keys
are reserved by Windows and/or by XyWrite and thus not under KBD file control?
Is there a switch that enables us to TURN OFF the keys preempted by Windows, e.g.
Alt-H for "Help" (so that we can use Alt-H for our own purposes)? For example, in
NBWin, Ctrl-O launches an Open File dialog, and there's no way to defeat it with a
KBD file assignment -- it's hard-coded in Editor. Indeed, NBWin's primary
problem is the hard-coding in Editor of a great many functions, and even of dialog
boxes (formerly confined to the DLG file), that can no longer be
customized/overridden/replaced by users.

> The cost will be $15 with 1 word processing filter, and $49 with
> the whole package.

The "whole" package adds multilingual spellers, or conversion filters, or what?

Are Speedo fonts useable in Xy5? They cause a purely cosmetic graphics error in
NBWin (a horizontal line running through them), which looks on the surface not to
be a bug but rather something deliberately introduced to prevent their use. Very
odd.

Do you know whether PCLEX spellers work?

I'm buying.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx