XyWrite Source Code

So...I'm talking to Dave Erikson the other day and he tells me that he'd like to release the XyWrite source code into the public domain.

He called me because my name is attached to xywrite.com and he was hoping that the site would be a
way that he could contact the legal owner(s) of whatever there is to own of XyWrite. After the
relief I felt that he wasn't calling to tell me to take down the site because I was infringing, I
was very sorry to have to tell him that I couldn't help him.

What Dave wants is to get permission to release the source code. He's pretty sure that none of the
people associated with TTG, at its end, have control of the rights. He believes that TTG's creditors
own the software, but he has no idea who they are.

I told Mr. Erikson that I'd talk to "the community" about our conversation and see if
anyone had any ideas.

Oh yeah...just to add a little encouragement...

Dave has created a 32-bit version! Has had it for years and it's the one he uses. He says that it
doesn't have an interface...just a command line, though he says an interface was created for it (by
someone with an Asian name...Chung?), but he never bothered to put the two pieces together (he
doesn't have a use for menus). It sounded to me like that one's on the table too...if he can get
permission.

I don't know what to make of this turn of events, but that 32-bit version sounds pretty darn cool to
me.

-BrianH.