OT: Debug in batch files

After 3 hours on this, I don't know where else to turn. I need to change 5
consecutive bytes in a binary file. I apparently can't do it in Xy, because
some of the bytes, before the change, are 00, and Xy can't handle them.

I can do what I want in DOS Debug at the C: prompt:

Debug pendpost.toc
-e132 14 00 06 00 03
-w
-q
But I can't do that in a batch file, because running Debug takes control away from the batch file, so I'd have to do steps manually (ugh).
I suppose I could do some sort of copy operation, to overwrite just the
file beginning (0100 - 0142), but I can't get my mind around that.

There must be an easy way to do this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx