Re: OFF TOPICS db3 report

Richard Henderson wrote:
If you are still using dBase3, I suggest that you just learn how to write the report command code based on the application of origin.
Well, of course, but I assumed that he needed something beyond the capabilities of dBaseIII (which I don't think could link more than two tables). DBase 5 for DOS, which I have been using for years, can generate REPORTS with several linked fields, and yes, you can use Xy as your programming editor and get the dBase code to output Xy formatting codes in the data stream (I think I detailed an example of this a year or so ago; Xysearch on dBase). But on-screen reports or forms (e.g., for data entry) involving more than two linked tables are full of gotchas, even in dBase 5.

>>...very rewarding<<
Absolutely. The first time I got a dbase (it was SRInfo, a dBase III clone) program really doing something that earned me some $$, I felt like Edmond Dantès after emerging from the Château d'If: The world is mine! Database is what computers are all about; everything else is lagniappe.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx