Re: OFF TOPICS db3 report

If you are still using dBase3, I suggest that you just learn how to write the report command code based on the application of origin.  Although I haven't used dB3 or dB4 since circa 1990 myself, it wasn't all that hard to learn as I recall (though I had the help of a geeky mentor).  The best part of doing it yourself, is that you can use XyWrite to write and proof the code much quicker than using the internal dbase editor.  In addition, you can insert formatting commands such as Bold, Underline, Table of Contents, and Index, so that as the report is generated it is turning itself into a Xy document for printing/presentation purposes  This will save you enormous amounts of time in the end. Another advantage in this approach is that you will be able to keep "good code" for re-use in later projects.  This was very common among dBase users at that time.

I had not conquered multi-table report writing myself for the project I was engaged in at that time, but my mentor was, so I was able to use it, and it worked quite well.  It will take you some time to master the skills, but if you are sticking with dBase as your database application having such skills will be very rewarding.