Re: INstall

Michael Norman wrote:

> At 09:03 AM 10/5/00 -0400, Leslie Bialleryou wrote:
> >

> >>Re: install problems...Go to your Gateway setup mode and configure the
> machine so that it boots with
> >num-lock off.
> >
> Thanks, Leslie, for the reminder, but is the numlock mode leaving the rest
> of the screen blank? All I get is a black screen (in the windows view) with
> only the N in the right corner, not even the rest of the command line.

To be honest with you, Michael, I really don't recall. I just remember that
this hideous install program has issues with numlock.
Or maybe it was the KBD file that did.

Oh, and are you configuring Xy for full screen or for a window. I think full
screen is probably best, but usually that isn't a problem.

FYI, twice I have ventured to Baltimore to meet with the now mythological Ken
Frank, who did indeed exist as late as the summer of 1998. At one of those
meetings he said unto us that yes, the install program was a poor one. As has
become his custom, however, he failed to do anything about it.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)